She's with her Korean teacher, Miss Ellie. Each native English speaking teacher is paired with a bi-lingual teacher who helps with translation and teaching.
I was so excited to see her that I bypassed our plans, and we went to meet her at the train station. Of course, we missed one another and she was back at our hotel when we decided we must have missed her.
Hugs all around - then dinner at lovely place, whose name translates to "Charming Moon".
Next day, Thursday, we went for massages - very nice and extremely affordable (total for 3 was about 1/3 of what just one would cost in the US). Then to lunch at nahm, of the top 50 restaurants in Asia. Amazing meal - perfect balance of sour, sweet, creamy and salty - with just the right amount of heat.
Above the noodles for (below) crab curry.
The noodles were embellished with star fruit (front left) and rose apple (longish spear on noodles)
One of the best restaurant meals I've had in years - my philosophy is that when you dine out, you should eat what you wouldn't or couldn't make at home. Curry was great example.
Back to hotel to rest after strenuous day of massage and lovely lunch.
Loren and Isabel relaxed poolside, while I napped. Unfortunately, my masseuse activated the pain in my lower back (from escalator fall) so I didn't join them for their trip to a night market - blogging in hotel instead.
They had a great time - came back wiped from heat & humidity - this is similar to the boat they took home from the market.
No comments:
Post a Comment