The whole market area covers 35 acres with over 8,000 market stalls. We walked well over 4 miles, and covered most of the numbered sections you see on the map. Many handmade goods, imports from India, as well as all sorts of tourist items. Best thing we saw that we didn't buy were shoes covered in buttons. Very fun and I would have bought a pair if the woman had my size.
I wanted to buy silk scarves at every one of the stalls that had them - so soft and so beautiful.
It was a great day - hot for sure, but so interesting to see the variety of goods. I'd estimate that at least 20% of the stalls were wholesale - selling everything from 100 packs of gift bags to silk flowers to Levis (maybe real?) to thousands of stands of beads. Also lovely housewares - ceramics and China in every conceivable shape.
I was looking for silver jewelry - and we found some, but nothing special.
Oh yes, Loren bought a patch for his messenger bag - he's got one from each of the countries we've visited.
Shopped out, and ready for AC, we took the train back to the hotel. Quick swim, then another early night for me (pain is really frustrating as I want to be able to do more). The dynamic duo went out without me, and came back with cupcakes - really good, best was almond coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment