Saturday, September 10, 2016

Leaving the States

Left Bozeman on Friday 9/9 - quick hop to Salt Lake City, then to San Francisco.  Being the urban whiz that I am, suggested we take BART (train) into the city, then catch a cab to hotel.  Train very efficient and easy.  Leaving the station not so good.  We were on the escalator going up, when I either lost my balance and/or lost consciousness and did a full on backwards fall.  I remember thinking that I was going to die; as you can by this post, I did not.
Loren thinks I lost consciousness or fainted as I let go of everything before I fell.   Banged my head and back pretty badly - Loren was trying to catch me from behind, and took a divot out of his leg.  To paraphrase Stella from Streetcar Named Desire, we were able to depend on the kindness of strangers.  The man in front of me helped me up and off the escalator and other people grabbed our bags.
We made it to a cab, and to our hotel where we were cheered by this view.



Did the ice/heat combo for about an hour, then rallied to walk down to Atami Sushi - such a treat to have real sushi after over a year in Bozeman.  Great place - so small they don't have a website but here is pic of the one chef.


Up early to cab it to airport - Loren has been a champ, rallying to handle bags, and making sure I'm up on meds.  Better today, bump on forehead receding, and headache much better.  At airport, waiting to board flight to Seoul, then transferring to flight to Bangkok, currently scheduled to arrive Sunday night in Bangkok.
Plan for Monday is rest, swim and massage.

1 comment:

  1. Scary to fall backwards on an escalator. So happy you aren't hurt much worse.

    ReplyDelete